Hi, I’m Michael
entrepreneur, dealmaker, and investor
I’m open to partnership or consulting opportunities that fit with my experience and skills.
- Completed 200+ website deals as a buyer or seller, up to $1M.
- Involved in multiple 6-8 figure online business deals as a broker or advisor
- Reviewed and analyzed in detail thousands of deals of online businesses for sale
- Operated hundreds of different websites and online businesses since 2004 in a wide of range of niches and categories: content affiliate and ad monetized websites, ecommerce, SaaS, social media channels and platforms, forums, apps, agencies
- Recruited, interviewed, hired and managed 100+ people
- Run a popular industry podcast with thousands of listeners, published 60+ episodes
- Spoke at multiple offline conferences and events (even keynoting some), and got interviewed by dozens of podcasts
- Raised $2M+ in investor capital for acquiring online businesses and operated several small funds.
- Bought and sold hundreds of premium domain names for a profit.
- Completed 10+ real estate deals in 2 countries, flipping properties
- Negotiating, deal making, agreements, mediation, brokering
- Due diligence, evaluating deals and business opportunities
- Strategy, big picture view, understanding business trends, cycles, risks, people and roles
- SEO, Affiliate Marketing, Mailing, Podcasting
- Capital, investor relations
- Sales and Marketing
- Sole Entrepreneur 2004-2008 – experimenting with different ideas, building, buying and selling different websites
- CEO and founder of Domain Magnate 2008-2022 – PE firm, managing funds and portfolios of websites for clients and investors
- Partner at DealFlow Brokerage 2020-2021 – A business brokerage firm, with over $50M in closed deals
- Domain Name Investor 2007-current – Buying, selling and investing in premium domain names
I’ve spoken at many industry conferences (and even keynote some) and been interviewed by various magazines and podcasts, and also managed my own industry-leading podcast about buying and selling business, with 60+ episodes and thousands of listeners.
I’m available for speaking engagements and interviews.
Below are some recent interviews and public appearances. You can also find them here.
I’ve had a strong interest in exploring spirituality and the big questions in life, and that led me to a number of adventures, such as:
- Spending thousands of hours in meditation, and practicing a wide variety of methods, learning to shift into highest states of awareness, and experiencing buddhist jhanas and attainments
- Completing many meditation based courses and retreats, like finders course, 45days, LLM
- Studying and practicing multiple energy healing modalities, like vortexhealing, reiki, Bengston, also self hypnosis techniques and NLP
- Studying and practicing human design
- Studying and practicing many inquiry and emotional management techniques: Sedona method, EFT, Byron Katie method, various forms of self inquiry
- Doing hundreds of hours of therapy, using EMDR, EFT, hypnotherapy and other similar modalities
- Practicing Yoga, QiGong and many somatic techniques, like TRE, focusing
- Experimenting briefly with psychedelics, shamanism and a large number of different modalities and tools
- Experimenting with fasting and extreme diets, like eating raw food only for a year, juicing for weeks, vegan and carnivore diets.
- Leading meditation groups and teaching friends basic meditation and emotional regulation techniques
- And many more!
- Fide Master at chess, and even published a chess book in Russian, together with my dad. I quit tournament chess in 2016, but always happy to play blitz with strong opponents.
- Read hundreds of books on spirituality, history, philosophy and modern science, and studied various frameworks and esoteric traditions
- I enjoy studying, understanding and discussing complex subjects, such as reviewing the current leading theories aiming to unite quantum mechanics, relativity and theories of consciousness; understanding modern economics, cryptocurrency, stock trading techniques, understanding political systems, media and incentives, or the nature of reality and the universe, especially as seen through the framework of first principles.
- Traveled around the world, to around 60 countries, and enjoy visiting and exploring new cities.
- I speak 5 languages, and fluent in 3 of them. Currently live in Chiang Mai, Thailand